Like to get started with local SEO?
Google My Business is a great place to start, it allows you to manage how customers view your business on Google. Including adding your business name, website, location (if you want to), opening hours; managing customer reviews; adding images and learning how people find you.
Google My Business is essentially a business listing service. If you search for ‘MW marketing’ (using Google) the information that appears (on the right if you are using a desktop or at the top on a mobile device) is controlled by Google.
Try searching for your business name on any device and see what appears, then ask yourself are you happy with the result? If not you can improve upon what is shown by claiming your Google My Business listing.
Why should you care about Google My Business?
- Users don’t simply look things up on the internet, they Google it and expect an immediate answer
- Over 90% of consumers read online reviews for local businesses
- When you use Google do you get annoyed if the information displayed is inaccurate? Or worse still it isn’t available?
- Google my Business is important for SEO, it can boost engagement and you can stand out against the competition
- Google My Business is like a mini website, there are no ongoing costs and its easy to keep updated
- By taking control of your Google My Business listing you decide what information users find
Can you do this yourself?
Yes, you can set up your own account for free.
Or you can take advantage of our experience and we will do it for you in return for a small fee. We will also give guidance on how to keep on top of your listing and how often to post updates.
What will we do?
- Claim your Google My Business page (you will need a google account)
- Verify the listing with Google
- Fill out all company information; business name, website, location (if you want it displayed), opening hours, contact details…
- Add images including logos, team, premises, product, there is no limit to the amount
- Check consistency with your other social media profiles and website
- Add special offers and / or company updates
- Complete product summary and pricing if applicable
- Set up a process so you can start to collect reviews