There are various ways to acquire and display reviews for your business and the sector you operate in will to a large extent determine where your focus should be. Obvious example; if you are a tourist attraction then Trip Advisor is pretty much essential. However, the best all rounder is Google Reviews:
‘Reviews on Google provide valuable information about your business to both you and your customers. Business reviews appear next to your listing in Maps and Search, and can help your business stand out on Google’. Source.
Benefits of Google Reviews:
- Credibility boost for your business
- Helps with your Google ranking
- And therefore has local SEO benefits
- Improves your online reputation
- Visible trust signal when people are searching for your business name
Best way to ask for reviews?
To be honest not sure if there is a best way but we like to make it easy for our clients and we send them an email with some simple instructions:
- Search for ‘MW marketing” in Google or click here: https://www.google.com
- Click on the ‘write a review’ button as per the attached document (include a screen shot with the email as per the example below)
- Leave a review and rating
- Thanks for your help
- And feel free to try this approach with your clients, it really helps