A church in the heart of Ealing Broadway, open all day for prayer and quiet
Christ the Saviour
The church was consecrated by the bishop of London on 30th June 1852 and given the dedication of Christ Church, Ealing. It was designed by the best-known architect of the time, Sir Gilbert Scott.
The total cost was met by Miss Rosa Lewis, daughter of a Liverpool merchant who had settled in Ealing. Although Ealing was an ancient village, it quickly became a popular suburb following the arrival of the railways and easy access into central London. It had leafy avenues of large houses and was known as the ‘Queen of the Suburbs’.
In the heart of Ealing Broadway Christ the Saviour is open all day for prayer and quiet. Mass is celebrated daily. All are welcome.
wordpress, blog, socialmedia, contact forms, gallery, ealing, ealingbroadway